Going Beyond the Biopsy & Adopting Noninvasive Technologies
Did you know millions of people across the world are affected by a silent disease that is damaging their internal organs and often goes undetected until it is too late?
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) is a potentially fatal condition affecting up to 12% of adults worldwide, an estimated 115 million people around the globe.
That’s why we’ve created LiverMultiScan®, an MRI-based assessment of liver tissue, to revolutionize NASH diagnosis and combat the rising burden of NAFLD / NASH.
The liver has an amazing capacity to regenerate. If liver disease is diagnosed early, it may be possible to halt or reverse disease progression.
Information provided by LiverMultiScan can be used as an additional diagnostic input for your clinician to have a better understanding of your liver health and make an informed decision, leaving you with peace of mind. We offer an alternative to biopsy that is safe and noninvasive.
With the goal of raising awareness about NASH and the actions people can take to prevent the disease, the Global Liver Institute launched International NASH Day.
Perspectum is proud to support the Global Liver Institute in its mission to raise awareness of NASH and accelerate the acceptance and adoption of noninvasive technologies as an alternative to biopsy.
- Liver biopsy is considered the gold standard for diagnosing liver disease but is invasive, potentially inaccurate, and carries risk to patients
- There are many alternatives to biopsy including LiverMultiScan that’s transforming clinical practices around the globe and revolutionizing management of NASH
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) affects an estimated one in four people worldwide
- Up to 40% of NASH patients will progress to liver cirrhosis, liver failure, and liver cancer, if unchecked
- By 2030, the prevalence of NASH is expected to increase by 63% in the US
- NAFLD is the build-up of extra fat in liver cells that isn’t caused by alcohol
- NAFLD/NASH often has no symptoms
- People who are overweight or obese, or have diabetes and high cholesterol are at greater risk to have NAFLD
- Noninvasive alternatives to biopsy can provide more information than biopsy - assessing changes throughout the whole liver rather than a small amount
- Our LiverMultiScan service offers an effective diagnostic aid for patients during COVID-19 with contrast-free, safe scans for patient comfort that do not require physical proximity between the provider and the patient
Take proactive action and protect your liver
- Eat a healthy diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Control your diabetes
- Try to lower your cholesterol
- Talk to your doctor
- Get screened
Beyond the Biopsy
Our LiverMultiScan technology is used in clinical practice and clinical trials in NASH globally to help assess patients and monitor treatment effects. Most patients find an MRI procedure quick and painless. A LiverMultiScan report will be provided to your doctor, giving them insight into your liver health.
New medicines for NASH are expected to come to market this year, and with tools like LiverMultiScan, doctors will be able to assess who is right for therapy and track their progress.
This International NASH Day, we challenge you to go beyond the biopsy by spreading awareness and adopting noninvasive technologies.